Irem Demirci is an Assistant Professor of Finance at Nova School of Business & Economics. Prior to joining Nova, she worked as an Asistant Professor at the University of Mannheim.
- Ph.D. in Finance, 2013 - University of Texas at Austin
- MA in Economics, 2007 - Koc University, Istanbul
- BA in Economics, 2005 - Koc University, Istanbul
- How Global is Your Mutual Fund? International Diversification from Multinationals with Miguel A. Ferreira, Pedro Matos and Clemens Sialm, The Review of Financial Studies, 2022
- Shuffling Through the Bargain Bin: Real Estate Holdings of Public Firms with Umit Gurun and Erkan Yönder, Review of Finance, 2020
- Government Debt and Capital Structure Decisions: International Evidence with Jennifer Huang and Clemens Sialm, Journal of Financial Economics, 2019
- Corporate Diversification and the Cost of Debt with Piet Eichholtz and Erkan Yönder, The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 2018
- Hand to Mouth: Financial Stress and Food Insecurity with Alexander W. Butler, Umit Gurun and Yessenia Tellez
- Does Customer Financial Risk Affect Suppliers' Capital Structure Decisions?
- Esade, Bankruptcy and Restructuring (Master in Finance)
- Nova SBE, Corporate Finance (Master in Finance)
- University of Mannheim, Decision Analysis (Master in Management)
- The University of Texas at Austin, Business Finance (Undergraduate)