Margarida Soares is an Assistant Professor of Finance at Nova School of Business and Economics since September 2019, where she teaches the Advanced Financial Management course in the Masters in Management.
Margarida holds a BA in Economics from the Universidade Nova de Lisboa and an MA and a PhD in Economics from The University of Chicago.
Prior to joining Nova, Margarida taught at the London School of Economics and at the University of Chicago. Outside of academia, Margarida has worked in the competition practice of Charles Rivers Associates, an economics consulting firm.
- Ph.D. in Economics, 2012 - University of Chicago
- MA in Economics, 2008 - University of Chicago
- Graduate Studies Economics, 2006 - Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- BA in Economics, 2003 - Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Are Women More Exposed To Firm Shocks? with Ramin Baghai and Rui Silva
- The Value of Trademarks with Pranav Desai, Ekaterina Gavrilova and Rui Silva
- Advanced Financial Management, Masters in Management