Melissa Prado holds NOVO BANCO Entrepreneurship & Technology Chair. Melissa is an Associate Professor of finance at Nova School of Business & Economics.
She has a Ph.D. in Finance from RSM Erasmus University. She currently teaches corporate finance and Real Estate Finance in the graduate program at Nova SBE next to conducting research on investment related topics. A primary theme of her research is to understand how market frictions affect institutional investor trading behavior and asset prices. She published in leading academic journals such as the Journal of Finance, the Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis and the Review of Finance.
Her research has been presented at many international conferences, including the AFA and EFA meetings.
- Ph.D. in Finance, 2011 - RSM Erasmus University
- Master in Finance, 2006 - RSM Erasmus University
- International Management, CEMS, 2005 - RSM Erasmus University
- BA in Business Administration, 2004 - RSM Erasmus University
- Competition and Cooperation in Mutual Fund Families
with Richard B. Evans and Rafael Zambrana, Forthcoming in the Journal of Financial Economics
- An Analysis of Over-the-Counter and Centralized Stock Lending Markets
with Zsuzsa R. Huszar, Journal of Financial Markets, (2019) 43, 31-53
with Martijn Boons, Journal of Finance, (2019) Vol. 74, (1), 239-280 (Replication Data)
- Fund Performance and Equity Lending: Why Lend What You Can Sell?
with Richard B. Evans and Miguel Ferreira, Review of Finance, (2017) V21 (3), 1093-1121
- Ownership Structure, Limits to Arbitrage, and Stock Returns: Evidence from Equity Lending Markets
with Pedro Saffi and Jason Sturgess, The Review of Financial Studies, (2016), V29 (12), 3211-3244, Editor's choice
- Future Lending Income and Security Value ,
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, (2015), 50 (04), 869-902
- Short Sales and Fundamental Value: Explaining the REIT Premium to NAV
with D. Brounen and D. Ling, Real Estate Economics (2013), V41 (3), 32-46
- Real Estate in an ALM Framework - The Case of Fair Value Accounting
with D. Brounen and M. Verbeek, Real Estate Economics (2010), V38 (4), 775-804
- Capital Commitment and Investment Decisions: The Role of Mutual Fund Charges
with Juan Pedro Gomez and Rafael Zambrana
- The Performance of Diverse Teams: Evidence from U.S. Mutual Funds
with Richard B. Evans, A. Emanuele Rizzo, and Rafael Zambrana, (CEPR Discussion Paper DP14305)
- Institutional Investment and Mutual Funds, Empirical Asset Pricing, Short Selling and Real Estate