Rui Silva is an economist who currently serves on the faculty of Nova School of Business and Economics in his home town of Lisbon.
Rui holds the Haddad Chair in Entrepreneurships and serves as the academic director of the Nova SBE Haddad Entrepreneurship Institute.
Before joining Nova he was an Assistant Professor of Finance at the London Business School. His research focuses on corporate finance, corporate governance, entrepreneurial finance and innovation, and the interactions between labor economics and financial and organizational economics.
Rui earned a B.A. in Economics from Universidade Nova de Lisboa and a M.A. and PhD in Economics from the University of Chicago.
Personal webpage: https://sites.google.com/site/ruicolacosilva/
- Ph.D. in Economics - University of Chicago
- MA in Economics - University of Chicago
- BA in Economics - Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Financial market frictions and diversification
with Gregor Matvos and Amit Seru, Journal of Financial Economics (2018), Vol 127:1, 21-50
- Talent in distressed firms: labor fragility and capital structure
with Ramin Baghai, Viktor Thell, and Vikrant Vig, Journal of Finance (2021), 76: 2907-2961
- Do physiological and spiritual factors affect economic decisions?
with Cem Demiroglu, Oguzhan Ozbas, and Mehmet Fatih Ulu, Journal of Finance (2021), 76: 2481-2523
- Internal labor markets, wage convergence and investment
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2021, 56(4), 1192-1227.
- Do Credit Rating Agencies Influence Elections?
with Igor Cunha and Miguel Ferreira , Forthcoming Review of Finance
- The Impact of Institutions on Innovation
with Alexander Donges and Jean-Marie Meier, Forthcoming Management Science
Teams and Bankruptcy
with Baghai R; Ye L, Revise and Resubmit Review of Financial Studies
Corporate Restructurings and the Mental Health of Employees
with Laurent Bach, Ramin Baghai, and Marieke Bos
The Impact of Going Public on the Firm’s Human Capital
with Ramin Baghai (work in Progress)
Managing Resource (Mis)allocation
with Xavier Giroud, Gregor Matvos, and Amit Seru (work in Progress)
- Applied Corporate Finance (Masters and EMBA)
- Core Finance (International MBA)
- Finance for Non-Financial Executives (Executive Education)